In 1979 the National Anti-Vivisection Society (NAVS) organized the first World Day for Animals in Laboratories (WDAIL) on April 24th. WDAIL was established to observe the plight of millions of animals used in biomedical and other scientific research through the use of organized opposition--marches, rallies, protests, and other actions. The week surrounding April 24th has since become known as World Week for Animals in Laboratories and has become a global week of action against all facets of the animal research industry. Historically this is perhaps the largest week of action in the animal liberation movement. It has amassed the participation of thousands upon thousands.
We want to reclaim this mass movement for animal liberation. That begins this year, April 18th-26th.
Join No New Animal Lab for a week of action against the University of Washington, Skanska, and anyone else involved in the Animal Research & Care Facility (ARCF). There are endless opportunities for action around the world. Let's make sure that UW will never underestimate the grassroots animal liberation movement.
We are organizing four important aspects for World Week for Animals in Labs:
- Pack the Courtroom: Don't Expand UW Primate Testing v. University of Washington Board of Regents
- Friday, April 24th, 9:00am
- Hearing in the lawsuit against the UW Board of Regents for their vote for the ARCF
- March on the University of Washington
- Saturday, April 25th, 2:00pm
- Mass rally, demonstration, and march through the campus of UW and through the streets of Seattle.
- Weekend of Action in Seattle
- Friday-Monday, April 24th-27th
- Convergence of action in Seattle surrounding both the hearing and the #MarchonUW. Expect a diversity of actions.
- #StormSkanska Round 2!
- Saturday-Sunday, April 18th-26th
- Keep up the pressure against Skanska across the globe! At the their offices, at their meetings, at their homes!
- We encourage everyone to organize actions against Skanska and also join us in Seattle for the march. Plan accordingly!
Plan an action-packed week and get ready to join us in Seattle! UW and Skanska will never know what hit them! #MarchonUW #StormSkanska #NoNewAnimalLab